Call records. Cell towers. SIMs. GPS. Software.
David Allen Burgess
I have been working with cellular technology as a practicing engineer since 1998, in both government and commercial sectors. I have worked on intercept systems, triangulation systems, and ordinary cellular networks. I have conducted workshops at professional conferences and provided training to US government personnel on cell phone interception and tracking techniques. I have developed cell tower equipment and supported mobile operators in designing and deploying their networks.
I am available as an expert witness or consulting expert in any US state, working with plaintiffs or defendants. My interest is to make sense of technical evidence, determine facts, and explain things clearly.
What are my areas of expertise?
These are my areas, including links to recent articles I have written on some of these topics.
- cell tower data, cell site location information (CLI), cell tower location
- call detail records, activity records
- cellphone location, triangulation, and tracking
- cellphone intercept and manipulation systems (Stingrays, DRT-boxes, etc.)
- SIM forensics
- radio-navigation systems (GPS, VOR, etc.), aviation navigation
- cellular network performance, operation, coverage
- non-user messaging, like SMS to 1111340002
- telecom core network operations, call routing, roaming
- software source code analysis in C/C++
- patents in any of these areas
What are my qualifications?
- more than 20 years of telecom engineering experience
- experience designing and testing US government cellular intercept and tracking systems
- experience designing and testing commercial cellular networks
- a recognized contributor in field of mobile network security
NOTE: I provide these services only in connection with court cases. If you are a party to a case, please do not contact me directly, but work through your attorney.